Looking for a Speaker?
Shane Nurnberg (that's me!) has spoken about iPads and 'disability apps' several times over the past couple years, sometimes for small local autism support groups, but usually for larger audiences. Some of the larger events are included below for reference. My sessions are always informative and entertaining. I'm a firm believer that learning must be fun, not only for children, but also for adults! My trainings can be tailored to focus more specifically on apps within certain categories or for certain age groups or whatever fits your needs best.
My qualifications, aside from being the founder and designer of AutismEpicenter.com:
- I'm a parent using apps with my son who has autism. He was born in 2002 and loves his iPad.
- I'm employed by a parent center, so I'm around children with various disabilities all the time. So I have knowledge of disabilities in general and I'm immersed in the culture.
- I have first-hand experience with every app reviewed on Autism Epicenter and I'm in contact with many of the developers.
- My background is all about technology, including my Bachelor of Science degree from California State University, Sacramento with a concentration on Management Information Systems.
- In 2010 I led a session on 'disability apps' for the Office of Special Education's Mega-Conference in Crystal City, Virginia.
- In February 2011 I conducted an interactive webinar on augmentative & alternative communication apps for the Assistive Technology Network of California.
- In March 2011 and again in 2012 I spoke on this subject for the Department of Developmental Services (Family Resources and Supports Institute).
- In April 2011 I led a session for the Supported Life Institute in Sacramento on iPads and disability apps.
- In early May 2011 I was a featured speaker on iPads and disability apps at the University of California, Davis' M.I.N.D Institute. I returned for their Summer Institute again in August.
- I've spoken 2 or 3 times for the Sutter County Superintendent of Schools.
- Just recently, in 2012, I spoke in El Centro, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Oxnard, CA. And it looks like I may be returning to some of those locations again in late 2012.
If you're interested in having me speak at your next training or conference, or just toasting the bride and groom at a wedding reception, click the link on the bottom right of this page that says "Reach Out" and send a detailed email. I don't ask for a large honorarium, as my priority is getting this information out to others. However, any speaking engagement has to be economically feasible from my point of view. And I always travel with my family.
<< Back to Contents >>